Nottingham in the 1980s
Home Introduction Chapters Contact Us Buy the book Links
Chapters> Shops> Gallery

Top Man store, Parliament Street, 1988.

This store, a male equivalent of ‘Top Shop’, was an essential supplier of low-cost fashion clothing for budget-conscious young men.

Formerly Burton’s mens wear shop, this establishment is unusual in that its date plaque was laid at floor level and bears the inscription ‘This stone was laid by Barbara Jessie Burton, 1928’. This shop now trades as USC clothing.

<Previous Next>
Top Man

www.dreamtargets.com

All rights reserved
Copyright Paul Fillingham & Christopher Richards.